Monday, June 30, 2008

Wedding Photos

So I finally got the CD full of the professional wedding photographs from my wedding. And.......I'm so disappointed. My mother had warned me that they weren't spectacular but it still didn't prepare me for the disappointment I felt when I finally got to see them. It wasn't that they were tremendously bad. Some are actually quite lovely. And it isn't that our photographer is a bad photographer. They just.....aren't what I wanted. There are a lot of long shots and views of David and I standing in front of the temple but I had really hoped for more close-ups. The few close-ups we did get, David's head is cut off and he's a little blurred. There isn't a single photograph in the bunch that I'd want to get blown up and hang on my wall as a way to always remember my special day. Perhaps I am being melodramatic (it's been known to happen) but if you can't get upset about the quality of your wedding photos, then what can you get upset about?

The most upsetting thing is that my family has an excellent photographer. We've been using Mike for years and years now and he's shot all of my siblings' weddings and they have gorgeous photographs. But unfortunately, Mike was out of the country during my wedding and we had to use another photographer. I thought, "How bad could it be? It can't be that hard!" and we went with another photographer who had shot a friend's wedding. I'm sure I'll get over this in a day or two, but right now, I'm contemplating finding another photographer here in Hawaii, renting David another tux, and having my mom ship me my wedding dress from California so that we can get some more wedding photographs that we will like and enjoy. It would be better if we could go back to San Diego and have Mike take them, but we can't afford to go home and David doesn't have any more leave time.

But on a happier note, I bought some plants for my windowsill today. We don't have much space in our condo for plants and no deck/lanai area for larger potted ones, but I bought some sweet basil and roma tomatoes that are supposed to do well in a small windowsill pot. I'm excited to go pot them in their new pots and to watch them grow, especially the tomatoes. Basil is such a weed that I know I'll never use it fast enough, but I love having them all the same. That makes me happy. And I'll just keep focusing on that for now. But I'll share a few photos before I go...






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations

The Nelsen Family: said...

Cute pictures, I love the fourth one down! Sorry about the photographer, I can completely understand being upset about that.

So I grew fresh herbs last summer and it was wonderful...until I stopped watering them and they died...good thing I do a better job with children than I do with plants!

Anyway, welcome to the addicting world of blogging!

The Nelsen Family: said...

P.S. Mind if I link you guys on our blog?

Liz and David said...

Of course you can link us...I'm still trying to figure out all the features of this thing....I haven't had much success getting it to do what I want.

Thanks for your condolences on the wedding photos...I really am being melodramatic. Some are very good. I just wish there were more! I hope David and I will get our house more organized in the near future so I can post pictures of our cute condo. Right now, it's one gigantic mess!

Nicole said...

Liz!! I love it that you have a blog! Now I can stalk the Nelsens AND the Malones from afar! (heehee!)

I am so sorry to hear you are disappointed by the photography!! That's like my worst nightmare for my wedding! From what you've posted on the site, they look beautiful, but I guess maybe you and the photographer had differing expectations... :-(

xoxoxo!! It was so good to see you and David at the reception!! :-D