Monday, January 2, 2017

Asheville Trip - Day Two: Biltmore, The Gardens


After the house tour, we grabbed a small bite to eat at their cafe (pretty decent food) and did a bit of shopping and then we went to explore the various formal gardens and the open pathways and trails. It was a beautiful day and the outdoors were simply gorgeous. 


 And here is an extraordinarily rare photo of the entire photo thanks to the very kind grandma who offered to take our photo.


I won't talk too much about the outdoor shots. I mostly took photos of the landscape and our family.


It was nearly impossible to get any good photos of Adelaide because she kept flapping her arms and pretending to be a bird. Or something.


Since it's winter, there weren't many flowers except for what was in the conservatory.


 Adelaide is about to fly away.


Oh look! I exist. Zara took this photo.


We then walked out to the bass pond and boat house and around the lake to a man-made waterfall.





Benjamin was just excited that we actually let him out of his carrier and/or stroller to walk around on his own. (I had him on my back in the carrier during our house tour so Adelaide could ride in the stroller. I had hoped he'd sleep through most of it, but he only napped for about 30 minutes of it.)










The view on the way back. We took the long way back and we were all tired after our walk.

We headed back to our car and tried to go home. But because of the high number of guests, they had traffic only going one way so we had to drive through almost the whole estate to get back to the exit so it took us FOREVER to just leave the estate. We went back to our AirBnB, ate dinner, and put the kids to bed. All in all, a pretty great day.

No comments: