Friday, November 20, 2015

Halloween 2015


This year for Halloween we decided to do a family theme. And since we're a bunch of nerds who are getting increasingly excited for the next Star Wars movie, we had to do a Star Wars theme. We recently introduced the girls to Star Wars and they are big fans. David and I are Anakin and Padme, Zara is Leia, Adelaide is an Ewok, and Benjamin is Yoda.

We started our preparations early. (That almost never happens.) We went to the thrift store where I found my white shirt and pants. We also purchased a set of microfiber curtains which became David and Benjamin's Jedi robes. 


And as luck would have it, we also found this Yoda doll at the thrift store for $2. I immediately snatched it up, thinking that it just might be big enough to fit on Benjamin if I pulled it apart. And that is exactly what I did. 


I cut off Yoda's head and feet and then sewed on elastic to keep them in place. 


Even luckier, someone at church brought in a ton of fabric to give away and I scored tons of this white fabric which I knew would be perfect for Leia's dress. It was the perfect size and there was just enough to make her dress, belt, and hood. 


For Adelaide, I actually made a cute R2D2 costume out of posterboard but she absolutely refused to wear it so we had to go to plan B, which was this quick and easy Ewok costume. 


Except she kept calling herself a Wookiee. 


Here's all the cousins (on David's side) together for Halloween Trick or Treating and those of us who dressed as Star Wars characters, which was a lot of us.




No comments: