Google Calendar so kindly sent me two notification reminders that today is my due date. As if I could really have forgotten. Alas, I do not think I'll be having a baby today although I'd love to be proven wrong. I know due dates are really quite meaningless, but both Zara and Adelaide arrived either right on or the day before their due dates and it's hard to mentally prepare myself to wait longer.
Still, waiting might be best at this point. David has been trying to tie up loose ends at work so that he could easily escape should the baby decide to come but something popped up last minute so now it looks like it really would be the most convenient to not go into labor until at least Thursday night. Friday or Saturday would be great. Yeah, that's only two or three days to wait but waiting for babies is interminable. The minutes feel like hours, the hours feel like days, and the days feel like weeks. I have a hard time staying awake during the day but can't sleep at night.
Monday I had a midwife appointment and then took the girls to a nearby splash pad. Yesterday we went to storytime at the library. Today I have no great plans to do anything but lay on the couch and watch TV but if I get desperate, there's always Chick-fil-A. With any luck, we'll have our newest baby in our arms in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment