But miss Adelaide has definitely grown out of her Zara phase and is becoming her own little person. A very cute person, I might add. Unlike Zara--who's hair never fell out and just continued to grow long and dark and luxurious--Adelaide's brown locks have slowly fallen out and in bits and pieces, and is being replaced by blonde baby peach fuzz. I think her eyes are just a bit bluer and her dimples much deeper. She's remained a large baby for her age and her thighs are simply the most delicious things I've ever seen.
At five months, Adelaide is adept at rolling over and has even started to army crawl, just this week. She loves to smile, but doesn't giggle very easily (much to David's dismay). She seems interested in food but makes the most hilarious faces of disgust when we try to feed her solid food. (So far, just a little bit of rice cereal and applesauce. We're not pushing it too much. I think I started Zara way too early and have wanted to wait until Adelaide really wants to eat it.) She thinks electronic devices and kitties are delightful and is trying to bang on my laptop as I type this.
But the very best, most wonderful thing about Adelaide (in direct opposition to her older sister) is that she a wonderful, fabulous, super easy-to-put-to-bed sleeper. I cannot express my deep and abiding love for this child for this one thing. She takes at least two naps a day (and her afternoon nap is often 2-3 hours long) and all I have to do is feed her some milk, make sure her diaper is clean and put her in her bed and then I CAN WALK AWAY. She just sticks her thumb in her mouth and puts herself to sleep. It's the most wonderful thing in the world. If all my babies were this easier, I'd have a lot more. And by more, I mean one more. Because that's all I want. Okay, maybe two. But I'm only saying that for David's benefit.
We love our Miss Adelaide. (And Miss Zara, of course, but she's already gotten a lot of love on this blog.)
No comments:
Post a Comment