Dear Body, Thanks for being so awesome at being pregnant. Honestly. You've got good genes. I hope you are just as good at getting this baby out of you as you are as growing it inside of you. Otherwise, you may be hating life in about 6 weeks.
Dear Baby, I can't wait to meet you and to hold you. I hope you feel the same. I think we're going to like each other. But please go easy on me. I've never done this before. You're my first.
P.S. Maybe you'd like to ease up on trying to see how far your foot can stick out of my side. Just a thought.
Dear David, You're the most wonderful husband a girl could ask for. Thanks for how hard you work and how much you love and support me. You're going to be an amazing father. I hope our kids get your eyes but my nose. :-) Also, the Nintendo driving music is still cracking me up. And making my belly jiggle. Thanks for that.
Dear Baby Clothes, Stop being so cute and small and stuff. I don't have a baby to put in you yet but I can't stop looking at you.
Dear Korea, I think I can handle another year of you. But maybe we can negotiate this humidity thing you seem to think is so wonderful. I've got some suggestions.
Dear America, I miss you. Do you miss me too?
Dear David: Part 2, I think you can do anything. I seriously do.
Dear Suyom, You bring us endless entertainment and joy. I especially love how you carry each of your rats into our bedroom during the night so that when we wake up, there's an army of rats to greet us. But maybe you could try to keep just a little bit more of your litter inside your litter box. Though it does sound like you really enjoy digging around in there. Crazy beast.
Dear Baby Quilt, Please finish yourself. I've lost interest. And I'm done battling my sewing machine. You win.
Dear David: Part 3, No seriously. I'm not lying. I have inifinite faith in you.
Dear Car, Thanks for taking us where we need to go and for not getting hit by all the crazy Korean drivers. Just watch out for the buses. They're trying to kill us.
Dear Dirty Dishes, You are the bane of my existence. That is all.
Dear Friends, You have taught me so much about life, love, and myself through your kindness, examples, advice, and stories throughout the years. I am a better woman, wife, daughter, sister, [almost] mother, teacher, and person because of each of you. Thank you.
Dear David: Part 4, You are my best friend in all the world. I love you.
* I stole this idea from my friend's blog. Just so you don't start assuming that I'm this creative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Liz, on behalf of America, we miss you!!
I love this post - you are too cute!!
PS- Sooo are you doing a baby shower? I'd love to send you a little something! Let me know what you think... :-)
I love your disclaimer...you are that awesome and I did think you came up with it! This was such a sweet post I love it. You almost brought tears to my eyes...so nice. I loved it!
Nicole, I am having a baby shower but we haven't set a date yet. I wish I could register at Babies R Us or something but that would be a tad pointless here. I need everything though. I'm sure I can use whatever you might want to send. Thanks for thinking of us!
Amber, I got the idea from Ruth's blog. Her version is hilarious, if you haven't read it already.
Post a Comment