
Fall is finally here in Korea. I've always liked fall but I didn't fall in love with the season until I lived in Virginia. A Virginia fall would make anyone fall in love with autumn. Despite the hot summers and frigidly cold winters (a marked difference from the constant balmy weather of Hawaii), I was very excited to move to Korea because it meant that once again, I'd get to have fall.
I love the burst of color before the desolation of winter, the slow switch from hot, humid summers to a cool, refreshing fall. I enjoy the the emergence of warm sweaters, scarves and jackets from their summer hibernation and the bounty of the earth--apples and pumpkins and squashes and corn. I can't wait to make an apple pie or maple pumpkin cheesecake or eat butternut squash soup. I love the flavors and colors and feelings of fall.

Of course, living in a big city, you forget sometimes that you still live on a planet earth that is constantly changing around you. David and I went to Gyeongbokgung palace today (more on that visit later) and I finally got to see physical evidence beyond a milder climate that fall is, indeed, upon us.

And since I couldn't wait to sing my songs of joy for fall, I thought I'd post a few photographs that I took today of the early fall foliage. I need to get out more and find some more trees. Also, I really need to buy a good camera and Photoshop. (And stop trying to manipulate photographs in my pathetic little photo editor program.)

I still had fun playing around with it though.

And the leaves excite me. So glad I get a fall again.
Nope, I sure don't miss Hawaii at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment