Monday, October 13, 2008

Superhero Fun

David and I went to a two year old's Superhero birthday party on Saturday. There were several children there. But really, it was far more of a party for the adults. And I'm okay with that. Especially since none of the kids were mine.

David went as Clark Kent. He didn't have a lot of time to put together a costume so this is what we came up with.


I was Catwoman. I spent a week putting together my costume. The little kids kept calling me a kitty. There was an obstacle course and a tug of war for the kids. The parents played Hot Hands to determine who had the fastest superhuman reflexes (wouldn't you know it, but Clark Kent won!) and we also played charades. Which was a lot more fun than I expected.

Aren't we a cute couple? Unfortunately, Lex Luthor was also there and he kept taunting my husband with his jar of kypronite. But my favorite Superhero present that day was Johnny Appleseed....that's right. He's an American Hero. He also had a knacksap full of apples, apple juice, and applesauce. But as with any good birthday party, there were many presents to be had for the birthday boy (who was dresses as Spiderman). He likes swords and weapons of any sort.


And this is what happens when you take your husband to a two year old's birthday party. Eventually it was him against six kids.

Better him than me. Children are exhausting. But birthday parties are still fun. And I forgot how much fun it is to dress up. Now we just need to figure out what we're going to dress up as for Halloween. We want to go as a couple and we need to be dead. (It's a Dead Man's Party.) Any suggestions?

2 comments:

abby said...

Edward and Bella :)

Liz said...

Oh please. Well....actually. No. No, I won't be Edward and Bella. (I am excited for the movie though.) We're thinking maybe we'll go as James and Lily Potter. They're dead.

That sounds so insensitive. Oh well. It is a Dead Man's Party, after all.